To reduce the ever-increasing population in the country, the Government of India had mandated shifting from Bharat Standard 4 (BS-IV) to Bharat Standard 6 (BS-VI) engine from April 1, 2020. The regulations are tighter and compelled car manufacturers to upgrade the engines to meet the BS-VI norms.
Manufacturers will no longer produce BS-IV vehicles. However, you will be allowed to drive older cars, as these are pre-owned. All new car registrations will have to comply with the new emission standards.
At present, approximately 137 cars are following these norms. Here is a list of the top five BS-VI engine cars in India:
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
A compact and comfortable entry-level hatchback, this vehicle is now in its second generation. The model comes with a 0.8-liter three-cylinder BS-VI compliant engine. It is reliable, fuel-efficient, and easy-to-maintain. You may buy a pre-owned Alto 800 at an economical price with a used car loan.
- Hyundai Grand i10
The stylish and new Grand i10 NIOS is now available and complies with the current emission norms. It comes in two variants: a 1.2-liter petrol engine and a 1.2-liter diesel engine. The Grand i10 NIOS has a spacious cabin with some excellent features. It is among the best BS-VI engine cars in the country.
- KIA Seltos
The model offers three types of BS-VI compliant variants, which include 1.5-liter petrol, 1.5-liter diesel, and 1.4-liter turbo petrol engine. KIA Seltos is popular for its modern design, value pricing, good-performing engine, and feature-rich cabin.
- Renault KWID
This is a budget-friendly model with a BS-VI compliant engine. The car has been upgraded with new alloy wheels, digital instrument cluster, headlamps, and tall tail-light cluster. The KWID engine is an 800 cc 1-liter petrol variant complying with the new emission norms.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
It is one of the most popular sedans in India. Moreover, it is one of the highest-selling four-wheelers. The core reasons for Dzire’s popularity are its roomy cabin and low maintenance expenses. Additionally, you will have an amazing experience driving this car. The model is easily available in the pre-owned market, and you may buy it with a second-hand car loan.
The difference in the price of BS-IV and BS-VI cars is significant. However, the pre-owned market offers a large choice of attractive models with excellent features. If you are falling short of funds, apply for used car loan now, and bring your dream vehicle home.
Non-banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) like Mahindra Finance offer pre-owned vehicle loans. Some features of this financing option are:
- Available for different models, including multi-utility and sports utility vehicles
- Available for vehicles that are up to ten years old
- Offered at affordable used car loan interest rates in comparison to other unsecured funding alternatives
- Maximum repayment flexibility with a customized Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) tenure
- Minimal documents, which include:
- Application form
- Address and ID proof
- Bank statement and income proof
- Copy of the registration certificate (RC) book
- Motor insurance policy document
- Latest color photo
Before applying, check the used car loan eligibility criteria to ensure that your application is not rejected. Although the norms vary from one lender to another, some common criteria include:
- Indian citizen
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 60 years (salaried applicants) and 65 years (self-employed applicants)
- Minimum experience in the business: At least one year in case of self-employed professionals
- Minimum income: INR 2.5 lakh (salaried applicants) and INR 4.5 lakh (self-employed applicants)
Most lenders offer up to 90% of the car’s value as a loan; however, in special cases, funding may be available for the entire cost. Apply for a loan today and become a proud car owner.